[CMake] Toolchain file for VS2013 + November CTP compiler toolset?

Robert Dailey rcdailey.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 09:30:38 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Robert Dailey
<rcdailey.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How would I define a toolchain file for the Visual Studio 2013
> generator that also defines the toolset for that generator to be the
> November CTP compiler?
>
> I'd rather use a toolchain for this than do -D definitions when I
> invoke cmake to generate.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Any thoughts on this? I'd actually rather specify the toolset within
my root CMakeLists.txt script (since when generating our code, you
*must* use the November CTP compiler when selecting the MSVC12
generator). However the documentation states it should not be set from
within the CMake script.

Ideas? The toolchain file is not necessary if it's valid to set the
CMAKE_GENERATOR_TOOLSET variable within the CMakeLists.txt script
(before or after the first project() call?)