[CMake] Exporting/Publishing settings (e. g. include directories) from subdirectories

Rainer Poisel rainer.poisel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 11:28:38 EDT 2015

Hi list,

I have a project that consists of several subdirectories. For example:

project-dir
+- component1
|  +- src
|  +- include-dir1
|  +- include-dir2
+- component2

Let's say I want "component2" to add "include-dir1" and "include-dir2"
from "component1" as include directories without "component2" knowing
that these two directories exist.

Therefore my question: Is there a way to import project
settings/properties which have been exported from other
subdirectories? And is cmake intended to be used like that?

I don't know whether I use the correct terms here but I hope that the
idea is clear.

Regards,
  Rainer