[CMake] Is there any way to set a build-type specific install path for multiconfig tools?

Clifford Yapp cliffyapp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:29:24 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 12:05 PM, David Cole <DLRdave at aol.com> wrote:
> I think this should be achievable somehow with CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
> set to "/parent_dirs" and then using appropriate DESTINATION and
> CONFIGURATIONS arguments to the CMake install commands.
>
> Have you tried using the CONFIGURATIONS args to the install command?

We haven't tried altering the install commands, but there's a
difficulty there - we don't always control all the CMake code in our
build.  We include some 3rd party libraries and try to keep their code
as close to "vanilla" as possible, which means it would be vastly
preferable not to need to track down and redo all the install commands
in that code whenever we needed to re-sync.

Thanks,
CY