[CMake] cmake: Duplicate file name conflict

Jan Steinke jan.steinke at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 12:36:20 EDT 2015

Dear all,
I came across a problem, for me it seems that cmake does not allow header
files to be have the same name. Or am I doing something wrong?

I have two projects, a library and an application. Both have files with
similar content, but the same file names. I am using cmake to compile the
app and the aim is that cmake also compiles the library if it doesn't yet
exist. I was stuck for a few days on that problem until I figured out that
it was due to the same file names. When renaming the files in my
application it builds correctly. Before I switched to cmake a week ago, I
used qmake integrated into Qt Creator, and it compiled just fine.

Is it wanted behavior, that cmake does not allow the same file names? Am I
doing something wrong? Altough it works with renaming the files I would
like to find a "cleaner" way that prevents this from happening in the
future, having same file names is nothing you can prevent if you work in a
team.

I hope you are able to help me,
Jan
--