[CMake] cmake 3.1- ubuntu 14.10 - IBM Power 8 - xl

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jan 26 11:46:45 EST 2015

On 01/26/2015 10:56 AM, Mark Abraham wrote:
>> The IBM xl compiler is identified as Clang 3.4.2 as it uses the clang front end.
> I would start by playing with
>
> Modules/CMake*CompilerId*
>
> in master branch of the CMake git repo. Presumably part of the
> problem is that the check for __clang__ is very early. You would
> need to take care that the older XL compilers still work in the
> intended way.

Yes.

> On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 4:17 PM, Jamil Appa wrote:
>> The find_library function fails as the architecture is not recognised.
>> If I manually set the architecture using
>> -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_ARCHITECTURE=powerpc64le-linux-gnu cmake works correctly.

Look at definition and use of CMAKE_LIBRARY_ARCHITECTURE_REGEX in
the Modules directory.  Modules/CMakeDetermineCompilerABI.cmake uses
it to extract the library architecture from the list of implicit
linker search paths used by the front-end.  This may be detected
better when the proper compiler id is found as above.

Thanks,
-Brad