[CMake] VS2012 builds using v3.1.0 are a lot slower than v2.8.12

Yves Frederix yves.frederix+cmake at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 12:20:06 EST 2015

Hi,

I also tested with the build of an 'open' project (the crypto example
was part of a work-related project). The results below are for the
compilation of OpenCV (latest git from
https://github.com/itseez/opencv), again with VS2012 Win64, Release
only and no tweaking of the CMake settings.

3.1.0:    10m50s
2.8.12:   4m02s
3.1.0 (/MP): 6m29s
2.8.12 (/MP): 3m48s

This does not look entirely the same as for the Crypto example, but
the performance decrease is at least very much visible.

Best regards,
Yves