[CMake] Include path perference

leemachine brandon.ess at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 12:18:47 EST 2015

Hello all,

I am using CMAKE 2.8.7:

My question is I have a project that looks for dependencies (libraries and
headers) in both the source tree (*CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR* and
*CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR* as well as the *CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX*. The issue
I am having is I'm making changes to the source tree that are not compatible
with the header files installed in the *CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX*.

In all the cmake message prints statements I make it returns the expected
results. CMAKE is using .cc and .h files in the source tree even though the
.h files are also in the *CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX*.

When compiling I get an error relating to the incompatablity I mentioned.
GCC is using the header files in the *CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX* and the .cc
files in *CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR*

How do I tell CMAKE to NOT use the header files in the
*CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX*?

I understand a fresh *CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX* would resolve this issue, but
I'm looking for a workaround to that as well.

Thanks,

-Brandon