[CMake] Matlab producing image files for use with LaTeX

Rob McDonald rob.a.mcdonald at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 15:02:38 EST 2015

I am familiar with UseLATEX, but would like to take the automation of
my document build system a step or two further.  Solutions that build
on UseLATEX -- or a totally separate approach, are OK.

I often use Matlab to create *.pdf figures -- which are then used in a
LaTeX document.  I would like my build setup to notice when a Matlab
*.m file has changed - and then re-run it to re-generate the dependent
*.pdf - and then LaTeX for the final document.

If that works, I would like to take things a step further and specify
that the *.m files may depend on some external data files of arbitrary
formats.  The whole system should notice and update when those data
files are updated.

Bonus points for a system that detects as much of the dependencies
automagically (like #include ing header files).

Any suggestions?

Rob