[CMake] Creating an installer using cpack

Gonzalo Garramuno ggarra13 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 10:52:23 EST 2015

On 08/01/15 21:56, J Decker wrote:
> I don't think you should install libraries like that... things in
> binary would be build products, can you possibly just install the libs
> as normal
>
> INSTALL( Target <...> LIBRARY DESTINATION lib )
The lib files are not built by cmake but are dependencies for my program.

The lib files are symbolic links to the /usr/local/lib directory. For
example:

Release/lib/libfltk2.so.2.0 -> /usr/local/lib/libfltk2.so.2.0

With the tgz installer, the symlinks are flattened to their respective
files.
However, with the deb installer, the symlinks are kept.
I would like the symlink to be flattened also in the deb installer. Then
all would be peachy.