[CMake] Unable to create project files with Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7

David.Karr at engilitycorp.com David.Karr at engilitycorp.com
Thu Jan 8 17:33:10 EST 2015

> On 1/6/2015 7:10 PM, David.Karr at engilitycorp.com wrote:
> > I have just started using a new Windows 7 host with Visual Studio
> 2010
> > Professional. When I call CMake to generate my project files, I get
> > the following output in CMakeError.log:
> Does your visual studio work without CMake?  Can you create a simple
> project with the IDE and build it?   Can you then build that project
> from the command line like CMake does:
>
> C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe
> yourproject.vcxproj /p:Configuration=Debug

Indeed I have tried several ways to create and build projects without using CMake at all, and so far no luck--I still get "requires elevation" errors.  I don't have a solution for my problem yet but it appears that whatever it is that is stopping me from building projects, CMake does not cause the problem.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice, which significantly narrowed down the possible sources of error.

David