[CMake] How to pass a configuration file to CMake?

Cedric Doucet cedric.doucet at inria.fr
Mon Dec 21 07:12:08 EST 2015

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to pass a configuration file to CMake.
I have to pass a lot of information to CMake and the resulting command line is very long to type.
Would it be possible to create a file containing all needed definitions and pass it to CMake?

For exemple, instead of typing

cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/me/there -D CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=/usr/local/gcc/4.9.3/g++

would it be possible to create a file containing

CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug
CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/me/there
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=/usr/local/gcc/4.9.3/g++

and pass it to CMake?

Cédric