[CMake] Tests with assert and Release build type

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Dec 18 08:55:42 EST 2015

I'm sure I'm not the first one to run into the conflict between a desire
to test the code shipped to customers and the desire to at the same time
define NDEBUG to make sure tests don't have their `assert` turned into
NOOPs.

Is there some nice way of handling this?

I can always remove -DNDEBUG from the CFLAGS for tests (possibly by
defining a new macro, `ADD_EXECUTABLE_TEST()` or something). Another
option is to `#undef NDEBUG` in the source of tests.

If there's some more or less standard way to address this I'd like to
use that.

/M

--
Magnus Therning              OpenPGP: 0x927912051716CE39
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

There's a big difference between making something easy to use and
making it productive.
     -- Adam Bosworth