[CMake] Link errors - can I get more verbose messages?

DJ jakep at arqux.com
Wed Dec 16 21:32:10 EST 2015

I recently purchased the OpenGL SuperBible ed. 7. I downloaded the
sample code and tried to build it.

This is my very first exposure to cmake; I am reading through the
documentation and did a quick scan of the gmane archive but cannot seem
find an answer to my question. (Probably my fault; my search skills may
be bad because I have been up programming for 30 hours :-P

AFAIK there is no mailing list or forum for OpenGL SuperBible; could be
wrong on this too.

I am running Linux Mint 17.1.

I did:

cmake .
make

Then cmake gave output:
.
.
.
Linking CXX executable bin/alienrain
CMakeFiles/alienrain.dir/src/alienrain/alienrain.cpp.o: In function
`sb6::application::run(sb6::application*)':
alienrain.cpp:(.text._ZN3sb611application3runEPS0_[_ZN3sb611application3runEPS0_]+0x21):
undefined reference to `glfwInit'

So "glfwInit" is a reference to an entrypoint in libglfw.so; this
library exists on my machine at /usr/lib/libglfw.so. Moreover, when I do

ldconfig -p

I see that this library is listed.

QUESTION: Is there a quick way to get cmake to generate more output
about how it is linking the executable? Or do I have another problem?

Best,

-- Jake --