[CMake] ExternalProject_Add and inheritance

Cedric Doucet cedric.doucet at inria.fr
Thu Dec 10 12:21:39 EST 2015

Hello,

I use the ExternalProject_Add command to manage third-party libraries.
In the same time, I need to overcome some compatibility problems between GCC 4 and GCC 5 (strings are not defined in the same way in the STL).
The solution I use is the one given here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33500337/how-to-handle-dual-abi-in-gcc-5
It allows me to force to use the libstdc++.so given by the GCC repository given to the cmake command.

The problem is that trick does not work with the ExternalProject_Add command because configuration steps of third-party libraries are autonomous.
Do you know how to solve the problem?

For example, if I use the ExternalProject_Add command to manage a third-library whose configuration also depends on a cmake script, how could I tell this script to use the compilers and the libstdc++.so I provided to my own cmake script?

Best,

Cédric