[CMake] CPack-NSIS Start menu item not created

Lloyd lloydkl.tech at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 08:07:13 EST 2015

Hi,

Hi I am using CMake for building and packing on Windows. I have a root
cmake file and the subfolders contains executable and other modules. I am
writing the packing code in the root cmake file and executable contained in
a subfolder.

My executable name is myexec, and I want to create start menu item and
desktop icon for this exe.

For this I have used

set(CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES myexec;"My Exec" ${CPACK_PACKAGE_EXECUTABLES})

set(CPACK_CREATE_DESKTOP_LINKS "My Exec" ${CPACK_CREATE_DESKTOP_LINKS})

But it is not creating start menu item or the desktop shortcut. What could
be the reason?
I am using NSIS. I have a custom NSIS template. Is this the reason for it
not to work?

Thanks,
  Lloyd