[CMake] Visual Studio <Version> <Arch> - Ninja Generator

Guillaume Dumont dumont.guillaume at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 12:48:33 EDT 2015

@Hendrik Sattler

I have not experimented with the /MP flag that much, but this won't solve
my problem when the project contains a lot of CUDA files. The /MP flag as
not effect there.

Yes I could indeed create a custom build target and create additional build
trees to build using ninja in there but this is suboptimal in my opinion.

@Gonzalo

Yes this is precisely what I do but then you only get the ninja build
files. No solution for debugging etc.

My question is more about the difficulty of creating a new generator that
makes the use of ninja as transparent as possible to the user instead of
writing custom CMake code to do this in my own projects.

--
Guillaume Dumont
dumont.guillaume at gmail.com