[CMake] CMake generates “-L/usr/local/lib” on Mac OSX

Oleg Zhylin ovz at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 23 23:10:38 EDT 2015

I have a CMake C++ dylib project that builds correctly in one MacOS X environment but fails in another. Environments are on the same machine, but under different users. I'm seeking help how to do I troubleshoot where the failure in the second one comes from.What I managed to figure out is that in failing configuration CMake adds the following flags in link.txt (the commands used to link the executable)-arch x86_64

-isysroot  /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk

-mmacosx-version-min=10.6

-L/usr/local/lib
The last one causes havoc as it makes ld pick up dependencies from /usr/local/lib instead of link directories I configured in CMake.I would appreciate any insight what triggers generating the flags above and what is the best way to squelch them, especially -L/usr/local/lib? WBR Oleg Zhylin ovz at yahoo.com