[CMake] ExternalProject git clone hangs on windows

Tevet, Avi A avi.a.tevet at intel.com
Mon Aug 17 13:10:06 EDT 2015

Thanks for the information.

From: Petr Kmoch [mailto:petr.kmoch at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 1:05 AM
To: Tevet, Avi A
Cc: cmake at cmake.org
Subject: Re: [CMake] ExternalProject git clone hangs on windows

Hi Avi.

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 1:54 AM, Tevet, Avi A <avi.a.tevet at intel.com<mailto:avi.a.tevet at intel.com>> wrote:
Hi all,

[...]

I don’t know if this is related, but when I look inside the generated VS projects for the dependencies, I see the “CMake Rules” directory full of *.rule files, but they are all effectively empty, containing just the text “# generated from CMake”.

Just to address this bit: that's correct. The rule file's contents are irrelevant, it just has to exist as a file. CMake attaches "custom build rules" to this file in the VS project, and these rules are stored in the vc[x]proj.
Petr