[CMake] CDash problems

David Cole DLRdave at aol.com
Mon Aug 3 11:30:20 EDT 2015

OK, I finally have a build of boost I can rely on which enables me to
try this out for you again.

Using the following source tree, I am able to get a successful build &
test of Safe Numerics, other than a couple of warnings, and it
actually submits to the CDash dashboard, no problem.

Source tree:

    davidcole at TRIVET /c/dev/repos/safe_numerics (master)
    $ git log -1
    commit 569dc083c96845f06c5bf7a9d9d6756fd45d43bd
    Author: Robert Ramey <ramey at rrsd.com>
    Date:   Sun Feb 1 21:14:12 2015 -0800

        updated html documentation

Script used to build and submit dashboard (w/ CMake 3.3.0, ninja, MS
compiler from Visual Studio 2013, and a boost install with "system"
layout):

    @rem Windows cmd script "build-SafeNumerics.cmd"
    setlocal

    set build_dir=%~n0
    rmdir /q /s "%build_dir%"
    mkdir "%build_dir%"

    pushd "%build_dir%"
    cmake ^
      -DBOOST_ROOT=C:\dev\NSB\x86\Release\boost ^
      -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ^
      -G Ninja C:\dev\repos\safe_numerics\CMake
    ninja Experimental
    popd

    endlocal

Results:

    http://my.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=803237

When I update to most recent master (source at commit 78111d12), it
still submits, but there are build errors in it:

    http://my.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=803238

The CMake/CDash stuff looks reasonable from my perspective. I haven't
dug into all the details or anything, but it basically works, provided
you have a boost install to point it to. I have no problems at all
submitting dashboards for this project. If you want, I actually have a
machine at work that is already submitting some open source dashboards
-- if you'd like, I can add a Nightly run for Safe Numerics in this
Windows/VS2013 environment since it is small and quick to run.

HTH,
David C.