[CMake] CheckLibraryExists behaviour with different compilers

victor sv victorsv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 05:47:52 EDT 2015

Hello all,

i'm using CMake 2.8.12.2 and trying to search a symbol inside METIS library
with:

    CHECK_LIBRARY_EXISTS(metis METIS_SetDefaultOptions ${METIS_PATH}
HAVE_METIS_SETDEFAULTOPTIONS)

If METIS library was compiled with Intel compilers and i build my project
with the same compilers CMake says:

Looking for METIS_SetDefaultOptions in metis - found

But if I build my project with GNU compilers and METIS still compiled with
Intel compilers, CMake says:

Looking for METIS_SetDefaultOptions in metis - not found

Is it the expected behaviour?

Someone knows how to do this in a clean/portable way?

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Víctor.