[CMake] Alternative to configure_file

Neil Carlson neil.n.carlson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 17:00:38 EDT 2015

I'm working within a very large project on a python script.  The script
gets passed through configure_file to replace some @VAR@ strings with some
file paths that are defined when cmake is run; this generates the final
script.  The side effect is that whenever I modify the file and run make,
it re-runs cmake to regenerate the build system, and that cascades into all
sorts of other things that are completely orthogonal to the script being
rebuilt.  Is there some more appropriate alternative to configure_file that
should be used instead?   Thanks for your expert advice!