[CMake] CMake removes rpath from Linux binaries. How to stop

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Apr 14 16:44:52 EDT 2015

I am trying to create a standalone build of our application on Linux. We
are currently building on a mix of Mint 17 and Ubuntu 14.04. I have been
doing a lot of reading about rpath, runpath and chrpath. The only way it
would seem to get this done is to adjust the rpath via the "chrpath" tool.
The issue is that during packaging, cmake is removing the rpath from the
binaries which kills the process of using chrpath. I have looked at the
various *_RPATH* cmake variables but none of the combinations seem to work
correctly. CMake always strips the rpath from the binaries. This is with a
Qt5 application which compiles against the Qt 5.4.1 version which is
installed from the Qt.io website.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net