[CMake] Flushing CMake STDOUT to avoid jumbled output?

Bartlett, Roscoe A. bartlettra at ornl.gov
Tue Apr 14 12:25:12 EDT 2015

Hello CMake people,

Is there a way to make CMake flush STDOUT (written two with MESSAGE() command) so that we don't get jumbled output?

This is a problem since I have tests that grep output generated by CMake and it cases tests to fail like shown at:

    http://testing.sandia.gov/cdash/testDetails.php?test=29022135&build=2019497

which causes the test to fail because it writes out:

right in the middle of the line:

    "to point to the include directories which will bypass any search for"

which causes the test criteria to fail:

   TEST_1: Pass criteria = Match REGEX {   to point to the include directories which will bypass any search for} [FAILED]

since it prints:

    to point to the inc-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
    lude directories which will bypass any search for

Thanks,

-Ross

Dr. Roscoe A. Bartlett, PhD
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
CASL Physics Integration Software Engineering Lead
Trilinos Software Engineering Technologies and Integration Lead
http://web.ornl.gov/~8vt/