[CMake] Change the default output path in Visual Studio

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 03:33:59 EDT 2015

On 04/10/2015 09:20 AM, Petr Bena wrote:
> I got to test it now, it doesn't seem to work, it changes the path,
> but instead of ROOT/Debug/extensions/library_here.dll it puts it to
> ROOT/extensions/Debug/library_here.dll which is different, but still
> not what I wanted.

For multi-configuration generators (like Visual Studio) the
configuration specific sub-directory is appended since the output of all
configurations can not occupy the same space at the same time.

You can set the CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_<CONFIG> [1] variables
instead (one variable per configuration) which does not append any such
directory.

You should be able to point all of those variables at the same directory
at your own risk.

Nils

[1]
http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.2/prop_tgt/RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY_CONFIG.html