[CMake] iOS multi-arch library target and xcodebuild

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:20:26 EDT 2015

Jason Cooper wrote:

> Is there a plan to merge the above into cmake as a module?
>
>> You can of course do something similar for Android:
>>
>> https://github.com/taka-no-me/android-cmake/blob/master/android.toolchain.cmake
>
> Ah, thanks for the heads up.  I'll need that later.

There should be no need for anything as complicated as that huge
android.toolchain.cmake file. CMake has a Modules/Platform/Android.cmake
file, and cross compiling for Android should really be a case of specifying
simple things local to you such as your compiler paths etc.

 http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/git-next/manual/cmake-toolchains.7.html#cross-compiling

I filed

for better documentation there (and to find out what features are missing in
CMake which would make everything easier). If you know what is missing in
CMake but required to make cross compiling for android simpler, please add
it there.

Thanks,

Steve.