[CMake] Change ctest verbosity from inside a script?

Yves Frederix yves.frederix+cmake at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 03:27:23 EDT 2015

Hi all,

For one of our projects, I have recently started experimenting with a
build setup based on a single ctest script that performs configure,
build and runs the unit tests. One thing that is slightly bothering me
at the moment with this solution, is that I seem to be unable to set
the build verbosity separately from the test verbosity. In particular,
I would like to have ctest_build() produce output as if ctest were run
with the -VV option, while for ctest_test() I would prefer less
output, e.g., as with -V.  Is there a way I could accomplish such
behavior? Many thanks!

Best regards,
Yves