[CMake] EFFECTIVE_PLATFORM_NAME for iOS not in $<TARGET_NAME:item>

Jochen Issing iss at nesono.com
Mon Sep 29 10:43:04 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I am currently working on a project for iOS and run into a problem when linking/running custom commands.
My setup is xcode 5.1.1 with cmake 2.8.12.2 (but I also tried with xcode 6 and cmake 3.0.1 - same issue).

On iOS the EFFECTIVE_PLATFORM_NAME happens to be appended to the target path (i.e. it’s not called
Debug but Debug-iphonesimulator). However, the generator $<TARGET_NAME:item> does NOT seem to
append the EFFECTIVE_PLATFORM_NAME.

I patched it locally (by using a hard coded variable), but it seems brittle and hackish to have it solved like that.
Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

jochen