[CMake] cmake 3.0.0 generating VS sln file default target machine type x86 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 10:41:25 EDT 2014

On 09/26/2014 04:28 PM, Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US) wrote:
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
>
> For some reason, when running cmake in VS2013 (express) x64 Cross Tools
> Command Prompt is not picking up the Visual Studio 12 2013 Win64 generator by
> default for this project. But when I added
>
> -G "Visual Studio 12 2013 Win64"
>
> To cmake, it generated x64 project files and I am able to generate 64bit
> library from command line with msbuild command.

CMake defaults to the newest known and available visual studio generator.

The current visual studio command line environment is neither required
for the visual studio generators nor does it influence which generator
CMake picks.

The environment matters when you are using one of the makefile or ninja
generators though since CMake will then use it to locate the compilers.

Nils