[CMake] cmake 3.0.0 generating VS sln file default target machine type x86 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US) simon.m.su.ctr at mail.mil
Thu Sep 25 09:55:56 EDT 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I thought so too. What I did in the past was to load the sln file generated in
the IDE GUI and manually added x64 projects by copying from the x86 project. I
was hoping to get the x64 projects also generated automatically that now I
have lost access to the GUI - the network I am attached to is blocking the
registration traffic for some reason and vs2013 Express is not allowing me to
run the IDE after the trial period.  I can only compile from msbuild command
line now.

And since I have been using ninja generator to compile ParaView, I just tried
it with ninja generator and it is creating a x64 project/library using the
same CMakeLists.txt file.  Not sure why it is doing x64 project for ninja
generator and not VS2013Express generator. Thoughts?

Thanks
-simon