[CMake] Ninja generator fail for QNX on Windows

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 10:22:40 EDT 2014

On 23 Sep 2014 15:27, "Bill Hoffman" <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:

> Seems that gmake supports that:

http://www.qnx.com/developers/docs/6.4.1/neutrino/prog/make_convent.html#Parallel

In theory it should work, but the mingw version they ship doesn't work.

I've upgraded to a version of make which does (one needs to pass
SHELL=cmd.exe as an additional parameter), but when you haven't changed
anything it still takes some time. This is where ninja comes into place.

>> Found the problem though.
>>
>> QCC compiler generates for this project dependency files which look like:
>>
>> c:\projects\my_proj\include\/a.h \
>> c:\projects\my_proj\src\/a.cpp \
>> c:\projects\my_proj\other\..\/include/b.h \
>> c:\projects\my_proj\other\..\/src/b.cpp \
>>
>> The "\/" combination does not agree with ninja.
>>
> That would do it.   How are the depends being created?  Is it ninja or
CMake that is creating them on QNX?

CMake sets the right flags for qcc and qcc creates the dependency files.

Cheers,
Cristian.