[CMake] Ninja generator fail for QNX on Windows

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 11:53:25 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 5:40 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>
wrote:

> On 9/22/2014 1:45 AM, Cristian Adam wrote:
>

>> On QNX side, thins are not as good. First, in order to compile
>> the project I had to apply this patch [1], provided by Stephen Kelly.
>>
>> And now the "fail" part for QNX, the second subsequent build
>> doesn't say "ninja: no work to do" instead it starts compiling,
>> taking as much as 70% of the original clean build time :(
>>
>> Now I don't know who to blame cmake or ninja?
>>
> There is no way to really tell what is going on from what you have
> posted.  What about the third time you run ninja does it have nothing todo?

For the 3rd time, 4th time etc. same thing happens.

> You can run:
>  ninja -d explain
> to see why ninja wants to run things.  Sounds like some input files are
> getting changed during your build for QNX for some reason.
>
> -Bill

"-d explain" parameter gives for lots of files (probably all) in the
project (headers, source files, object files, static libraries,
executables)
"is dirty"

This means that ninja's method of detecting if a file has been changed
doesn't quite work for QNX.  Or is this being set by cmake?
Some compiler flag which needs a -Wc, or -Wp prefix?

Cheers,
Cristian.