[CMake] Ninja generator fail for QNX on Windows

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 01:45:58 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have a project which uses CMake (v 2.8.12.2) to (cross)compile
on Windows using either Visual Studio 2008 or QNX 6.5.0.

Using ninja (v1.5.1) as a CMake generator works as expected with
Visual Studio 2008. First build takes time, second subsequent
build says: "ninja: no work to do".

On QNX side, thins are not as good. First, in order to compile
the project I had to apply this patch [1], provided by Stephen Kelly.

And now the "fail" part for QNX, the second subsequent build
doesn't say "ninja: no work to do" instead it starts compiling,
taking as much as 70% of the original clean build time :(

Now I don't know who to blame cmake or ninja?

Thank you,
Cristian.

[1]
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake-developers/2014-January/009413.html