[CMake] Integrating ExternalData with Artifactory

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Sep 19 15:04:11 EDT 2014

On 09/19/2014 12:23 PM, Taylor Braun-Jones wrote:
> integrate Artifactory with the ExternalData framework?
>
> the Artifactory REST API is a two step process

Currently ExternalData always uses the file(DOWNLOAD) command.
Recently I was thinking about how to extend the ExternalData
module to support custom download commands or scripts.

I think it can be activated by a special format of an entry in
ExternalData_URL_TEMPLATES that specifies a lookup key that maps
to some kind of custom configuration of a .cmake script to include
or command to launch with execute_process.

If you are interested in design discussion and/or trying to develop
the changes for this, please join the cmake-developers list: