[CMake] TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES with full path libraries

Volker Pilipp volker.pilipp at dectris.com
Wed Sep 17 08:17:06 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 2:04 PM, Nils Gladitz <nilsgladitz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/17/2014 01:50 PM, Volker Pilipp wrote:
>
>> I did so and found the following strange behaviour
>>
>> link_directories(  /opt/XXX/lib ) -> no effect
>> but
>> link_directories(  /opt/ ) -> -L/opt (?!)
>>

> Probably the same logic as for target_link_libraries().
> E.g. implicit link directories aren't repeated as explicit link
> directories.

But it is not an implicit link directory at least not according to the
output of
"/sbin/ldconfig -p" . What does cmake consider an implicit link directory?

Volker

> Nils

Volker Pilipp
Software & IT Technologies

DECTRIS Ltd.
Neuenhoferstr. 107
5400 Baden
Switzerland

+41 56 500 2100 general
+41 56 500 2101 fax
+41 56 500 2115 direct
volker.pilipp at dectris.com
www.dectris.com

Confidentiality Note
This message is intended only for the use of the named recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are
not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the
message. Any unauthorized use of the information contained in this
message is prohibited.