[CMake] how to force assign sequence in multi-thread in cmake

Yu Jing yujing5b5d at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 03:17:50 EDT 2014

I am in OSX 10.9.4 , a sample in  github is : https://github.com/yujing5b5d/cmake_sample
after git clone this project , a operation like this :

yu:cmake_sample yu$ mkdir build
yu:cmake_sample yu$ cd build/
yu:build yu$ cmake ..
…. # skip some useless output
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /Users/yu/Workspace/res/cmake_sample/build
yu:build yu$ make -j8 ### <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Scanning dependencies of target LEVELDB_EX_PROJ
Scanning dependencies of target iniparser
Scanning dependencies of target relfiles
Scanning dependencies of target CRFPP_EX_PROJ
Scanning dependencies of target iniparser_static
[ 15%] [ 15%] [ 20%] [ 20%] [ 25%] Building C object lib/iniparser/CMakeFiles/iniparser_static.dir/ini.c.o
Creating directories for 'CRFPP_EX_PROJ'
Creating directories for 'LEVELDB_EX_PROJ'
Building C object lib/iniparser/CMakeFiles/iniparser.dir/ini.c.o
Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/relfiles.dir/main.cc.o
[ 30%] [ 35%] Performing download step (git clone) for 'LEVELDB_EX_PROJ'
Performing download step (git clone) for 'CRFPP_EX_PROJ'
/Users/yu/Workspace/res/cmake_sample/src/main.cc:3:10: fatal error: 'crfpp.h' file not found
#include "crfpp.h" // crfpp
         ^
Cloning into 'CRFPP_EX_PROJ'...
Cloning into 'LEVELDB_EX_PROJ'...
Linking C static library ../libiniparser.a
Linking C shared library ../libiniparser.dylib
[ 35%] [ 35%] Built target iniparser_static
Built target iniparser
Scanning dependencies of target cmake_sample
[ 40%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/cmake_sample.dir/main.cc.o
/Users/yu/Workspace/res/cmake_sample/src/main.cc:3:10: fatal error: 'crfpp.h' file not found
#include "crfpp.h" // crfpp
         ^
1 error generated.
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/relfiles.dir/main.cc.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/cmake_sample.dir/main.cc.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/relfiles.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/cmake_sample.dir/all] Error 2
….

BE CAREFUL OF THIS LINE :
>> yu:build yu$ make -j8

the ExternalProject CRFPP_EX_PROJ’s result contains copy a crfpp.h  header to a special path, after this process , we can use #include “crfpp.h" ,and If I use
make -j8
this means 8 jobs can be running at the same time, I can not constraints and let my compiler compile my main.cc after CRFPP_EX_PROJ finished.

Of course , I’m not sure is this my misuse this project .