[CMake] Building library with a collection of source + pre-existing object files (which are not compiled via the cmake build system)

Tom Kacvinsky tom.kacvinsky at vectorcast.com
Tue Sep 9 11:02:18 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have not been able to find this in the cmake documentation.  I have a
collection of source that needs to be compiled via the cmake build system,
plus a collection of object files that were compiled outside the cmake
build system.  I want to combine the two of these to make a shared library,
but apparently add_library only takes a list of source files.  Is there a
way of getting cmake to build a shared library with the collection of
source and object files I have?  I know I could make an archive of the
object files and use that library in target_link_libraries, but I would
like to avoid this if I can.

Thanks,

Tom