[CMake] Request for added script intelligence

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Mon Sep 8 20:40:10 EDT 2014

I don't think that's a good idea.

The Debug libraries are supposed to be non-redistributable. (At least
that used to be true... is it still true?) To Debug a VS-built project,
you have to run it on a machine with VS installed, so there's not a
compelling need to "install" the debug libraries anyway.

The capability is in there if you *must* have an install tree with
Debug libraries in it for some reason, but it's not supposed to be the
norm, and I don't think we should make it easy to do.

If you're going to go against the license terms, you should have to do
it explicitly in your own code... not as a side effect of a default
behavior that CMake provides.

Just my opinion,
David C.