[CMake] GNUInstallDirs on Fedora problem

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 15:50:41 EDT 2014

I'm hoping I'm just missing something really obvious but I recently
discovered the module GNUInstallDirs which is great. But I just tried
converting over to it on one of my projects and although my system is
definitely x86_64 the libraries are getting installed to lib not lib64.

I looked through the source and it seems the CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P is being
used to make the determination.

I added a debug message to my project for CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P and it shows
nothing, but per the module if it's not defined then it should show me a
warning, however if I try:

$ cmake --system-information | grep SIZEOF_VOID_P
CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P "8"

I get the right answer, but it's still installing to lib not lib64...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Richard