[CMake] What generator(s) should be used for MinGW-w64?

Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian Johannes.Sebastian.Mueller-Roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de
Fri Oct 31 06:47:45 EDT 2014

mingw32-make, and yes it's included (I recently started using ninja as well, but that isn't included, and has some limitations with cmake)

--
Johannes S. Mueller-Roemer, MSc
Wiss. Mitarbeiter - Interactive Engineering Technologies (IET)

Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung IGD
Fraunhoferstr. 5  |  64283 Darmstadt  |  Germany
Tel +49 6151 155-606  |  Fax +49 6151 155-139
johannes.mueller-roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de  |  www.igd.fraunhofer.de

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan W. Irwin [mailto:irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 11:19
To: Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian
Cc: cmake at cmake.org
Subject: RE: [CMake] What generator(s) should be used for MinGW-w64?

On 2014-10-31 08:14-0000 Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian wrote:

> I have only used MinGW-w64 for years and MinGW Makefiles works just fine. The main difference between MinGW-w64 and the original MinGW is that it is far more up to date.
> Binary packages can be found here:
> http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/download.php
> I generally recommend using the mingw-builds binary packages

Hi Johannes:

Thanks for that useful information.
What is the name of the make command you use, and is it part of the mingw-builds binary packages that you recommend?

Alan

Alan W. Irwin

Astronomical research affiliation with Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Victoria (astrowww.phys.uvic.ca).

Programming affiliations with the FreeEOS equation-of-state implementation for stellar interiors (freeeos.sf.net); the Time Ephemerides project (timeephem.sf.net); PLplot scientific plotting software package (plplot.sf.net); the libLASi project (unifont.org/lasi); the Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project (lbproject.sf.net).