[CMake] custom nsis template- "Install targets" not working

Lloyd lloydkl.tech at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 04:35:18 EDT 2014

> I am no NSIS expert so I can't imagine why 'File /r "${INST_DIR}\*.*"'
> could possibly do ???

About the file command the NSIS documentation says this:
    Adds file(s) to be extracted to the current output path ($OUTDIR).
    If the /r switch is used, files and directories are added recursively.

That is, the File command copies the files (all files as it is *.*)
specified in the path ${INST_DIR}\*.* recursively to the current set output
directory of the NSIS. The value of the INST_DIR variable is the directory
which the user has selected at install time.

> So I guess that if your template does not contain such command you
> either need it

I tried adding @CPACK_NSIS_FULL_INSTALL@, and it generated File /r
"${INST_DIR}\*.*" but this causes NSIS an error. Now I am in the assumption
that CMake copies all the files hierarchically to some temp directory and
from that location it does the copy (this is only a wild guess).

> (and should use CPACK_NSIS_FULL_INSTALL in your template) or replace
> it with something more appropriate to you case.

What I don't understand is, what happens to the "install targets" commands
in the CMake file on windows platform