[CMake] custom nsis template- "Install targets" not working

Lloyd lloydkl.tech at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 02:08:33 EDT 2014

Hi,

My CMake file contains the install comands like this

install(TARGETS MyExe RUNTIME DESTINATION .)

When I use the standard NSIS template, the installer is created with
"MyExe". But our project needs a custom NSIS template so I have written
one, and it is generating an installer *without* MyExe.

So I made a comparison between my nsis template and the standard one.

The one big difference I found is the presence of

@CPACK_NSIS_EXTRA_PREINSTALL_COMMANDS@
 @CPACK_NSIS_FULL_INSTALL@

after the SetOutPath "$INSTDIR" command. These above two variables seems to
be undocumented.

When the standard nsis template is processed, these lines are changed to

File /r "${INST_DIR}\*.*"

I am struck at this point, how can I make my install targets command work?
Any hint or documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
  Lloyd