[CMake] Using CPack with OSX 10.9

Lachlan.Hetherton at csiro.au Lachlan.Hetherton at csiro.au
Mon Jul 28 21:06:26 EDT 2014

Hi there,

We’re looking to update our CMake packaging scripts so that we can deploy to OSX 10.9 Mavericks. For previous OSX releases, we have used the PackageMaker generator with CPack to create .pkg files inside .dmg files. I believe PackageMaker has now disappeared (I can’t run the old version on my current machine and there doesn’t seem to be a new version available anywhere), so I would like to ask you all: what is the preferred generator for deploying to OSX 10.9?

I’m currently looking into the OSX Bundle generator, however, our application ships with multiple executables and a number of dependent libraries and frameworks, so I’m not quite sure whether this is the right way to go. From what I’ve read, OSX application bundles are supposed to have a single executable only – how would I go about deploying an application that has multiple component applications? If we use the bundle generator, our application is going to look like this (I think), which seems strange:

OurApplication.app/
    Contents/
        Info.plist
        MacOS/