[CMake] Considering contributing a FindPyQt.cmake module

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 16:41:32 EDT 2014

Scott Kitterman wrote:

> Given the above, I thought it would make sense to provide a new
> FindPyQt.cmake that would replace (and be backward compatible with)
> FindPyQt4.cmake that would work for both the new and old PyQt4 configure
> and with PyQt5 and have it be actually in CMake so that there would not be
> multiple copies running around.

Did you consider generating config-file packages containing IMPORTED targets
and shipping them with PyQt5 instead?

 http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/manual/cmake-packages.7.html

That removes any need for you to maintain anything in the CMake tree.

Qt5 generates such files with qmake, and LLVM does similar with its Makefile
buildsystem.

Thanks,

Steve.