[CMake] The Cygwin/Win32 warning

Michael Enright michael.enright at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 20:19:22 EDT 2014

Attention teachers and students:

I'm getting the WIN32 warning and I've tried a number of "first lines"
without making it go away. Since I'm using this two-file project to gain
experience with CMake I can and I have blown away the whole build tree
between attempts.

I have used EACH of the following as the first line of CMakeLists.txt:
set(CMAKE_LEGACY_CYGWIN_WIN32 0)
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.8)
#cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8.4)

Also the above three lines are the head -3 of the current version of the
file. Indeed if those three lines are the ENTIRE file I get the warning.

I have verified that the cmake_minimum_required was effective by setting
the 2.8.8 to 2.8.13, which causes an error because Cygwin's CMake is 2.8.9.
I chose 2.8.8 because it corresponds to the build systems my colleagues at
work are creating from CMake.

I occasionally post my code to github so I'd like to clean this up.

Thanks in advance