[CMake] Changing the the current generator in CMake GUI

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Jul 11 11:01:31 EDT 2014

On 7/11/2014 10:33 AM, Edward Diener wrote:
> Shouldn't there be a way to change the current generator in the CMake
> GUI ? It seems like I can only do this if I choose a new "Where to build
> the binaries" path. But what if I just want to change the current
> generator to something else using the current outpath path ?
No, once the generator is set and you have run cmake once, you need to
create a new build tree or wipe out the one you created the first time.
  CMake stores a bunch of information about the compiler in the cache
and other files in the build tree.  It does not know how to change all
that without a clean tree.

-Bill