[CMake] CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM and CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE

ko paka kopaka4 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 08:03:23 EDT 2014

Hello,

I tried to generate MinGW makefiles using "specify toolchain file" using
cmake gui 3.0 on windows. Cmake complained that cannot find make program
(CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM not set). In such case cmake didn't process toolchain
file. When I added directory where mingw32-make.exe is located to the Path
env. variable, then it run ok.
So it is not possible to locate make program through toolchain file
(through CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH) ? And content of toolchain file is not read
on the begin of process, but from some point ? Sorry for maybe stupid
questions, but just now I cannot find how it is intended to work. Based on
documentation for CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH, it should be used to prepend those
directories when find_program is executed ... and find_program is executed
inside CMakeMinGWFindMake.cmake. But probably CMakeMinGWFindMake.cmake is
executed earlier then  toolchain file is processed. Can someone shed some
light on it please ?

regards
tomas