[CMake] AStyle or similar code beautifier

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Jan 31 05:26:18 EST 2014

On 2014-01-31 13:55+0400 Игорь Пашев wrote:

> Code formatting is completely out of scope of building system.

I disagree with your attempt to shut off discussion.

Some projects don't use code styling, others run a script
aperiodically to clean up the code (PLplot uses uncrustify that way).
Both of those cases are out of CMake scope, but I am also sure that
some projects (like is clear with the OP) prefer code styling to be
under CMake control.  So my own opinion is that topic is certainly a
legitimate one here.

And to answer the OP's question, I can highly recommend uncrustify for
code styling, but to my knowledge there is no CMake support for
uncrustify (yet).

Alan
Alan W. Irwin