[CMake] problem with mac linker flags

Alexander von Below below at mac.com
Tue Jan 28 10:58:07 EST 2014

Hello,

I'm the new guy :D

So I inherited a project which uses CMake as part of it's build process. It is generating Xcode project files (for an iOS static library), and I am stumbling across an old error:

http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2010-December/041518.html

The problem, again, is that -headerpad_max_install_names is put into the "Other C++ Flags" (OTHER_CPLUSPLUSFLAGS ) section of the Xcode project. The result is:
clang: error: argument unused during compilation: '-headerpad_max_install_names'

If I manually remove this flag, and put it into the "Other Linker Flags" (OTHER_LDFLAGS), things get better.

To me, it appears as if this problem should have been resolved long ago, but I can not fully understand the details.

I am using Xcode 5.0 (i.e. clang 5.0), and I am trying to compile for iOS 7. CMake is at 2.8.12.1

Any pointers are appreciated!

Alex