[CMake] Announcing CMake BASIS, a set of CMake based project interoperability and automation tools

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 05:49:42 EST 2014

There seems to be some mailing list problems going on (maybe Andrew didn't
subscribe before posting... :/ Always subscribe to a mailing list before
posting...), and my reply was rejected.

Breaking threading to respond.

On 01/23/2014 07:32 PM, Andrew Hundt wrote:
> Allow me to rephrase, could you send a link or other reference such as a
summary posted on a mailing list where I can learn about the KDE situation
and how it was resolved? Essentially, I would appreciate any additional
information you could give me that would help me apply your experience to my
own project.

> However, I suspect the reasons, design, purpose, and goal of
kde4_add_executable and basis_add_executable may have been significantly
different but I would like to learn more.

Yes, I expect so too, actually.

I don't think there's a good entry point for this.

 http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/CMake

tracks some of the changes.

 http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdelibs.git&a=commitdiff&h=41986d0829d2

and

 http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdelibs.git&a=commitdiff&h=1fe778bca

and other commits removed reasons for kde4_add_library to exist.

>       http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/git-master/manual/cmake-packages.7.html
>      http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/git-master/manual/cmake-buildsystem.7.html
>

> How does one browse to these sphinx docs from the cmake website? I've
never come across them before and I generally use the main cmake docs.

When there is a new release from the master branch, the sphinx docs will
show up there.

Thanks,

Steve.