[CMake] CMake absolute path

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jan 22 13:57:21 EST 2014

On 01/22/2014 12:05 PM, Tony-Alexandru Dincu wrote:
> I investigated the problem and I saw that the problem is from relative path.
> With CMake 2.8.8 the solution builds, but with CMake 2.8.9 no.

Between those versions came these commits:

 VS10: Convert paths normally unless forced to relative
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=4248132e

 VS11: Do not use source path conversion workaround specific to VS 10
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=b2e7c7ae

 VS10: Generate relative source paths when possible (#12570)
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=d931ce9fe

There are multiple competing use cases that require workarounds
for multiple bugs in VS 10 (2010).  If you use VS 11 (2012) this
problem may go away.  See the comment here for full explanation:

  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Source/cmVisualStudio10TargetGenerator.cxx;hb=v2.8.12.1#l921

CMake even tries to warn you when it hits a case for which
it cannot work around both VS 10 bugs:

 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Source/cmGlobalVisualStudio10Generator.cxx;hb=v2.8.12.1#l133

-Brad